The Weekly Bulletin
October 31, 2016
Call to order: 12:05
Invocation: Mary Dewey
Pledge: Max Miller
Introduction of Guests:
Larry Fick brought his better half, Paulette Fick.
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Scott Stager gave the gift card to Jessica Kempf for her work on updating our club’s website and all of her excellent work on the club’s 80th anniversary event. Welcome back to our club’s meetings.
- Koeze Nuts – report by Steve Winters.
- Unloading/Inventory/Packing Koeze Nuts this week – Steve Winters passed around a sign-up sheet for volunteers. Nuts delivery is Wednesday afternoon Nov 2.
- Koeze Nuts orders – 2nd orders are due on Tuesday Nov 8. Keep on Selling. This fundraiser is going to help many youth organizations in town.
- Clubhouse clean-up will be scheduled for a later date closer to our tree lot opening.
- Spousal Membership Discount of $20 – 2nd reading of this because bylaws need changing.
- Carl Scott on behalf of our club attended the Optimist Club of St Louis 100th anniversary on Oct 19. Jake Jolly and Carl Scott attended the Boys and Girls Club of Columbia Capital Campaign Celebration on Oct 25.
- Induction ceremony for new club members will be the 2nd Monday of each month. The next ceremony will be Monday, Nov 14.
- John Sapp announced that Christmas trees delivery will be Sat, Nov 12 at 8:30 A.M. We need at least 15 members to help in unloading. A sign-up sheet will be passed around next Monday for volunteers. Please eat your Wheaties and spinach in the next few weeks in preparation for our tree lot.
October 31 – Speaker: Nicole Hume, KMOS TV Program — KMOS and PBS programing & events
- 36 years of KMOS; started in Dec 22, 1979.
- Mission is Engage/Educate/Entertain.
- Their pledge drive is a way to support them.
- They will have a special kids event for Grade 3 and under early next year.
- As a non-profit organization, KMOS-TV receives oversight from UCM.
- For more info, see http://www.kmos.org.
November 7 – Adam Taylor, Activities and Athletic Director & Mary Flatt, Spartan Alliance
Topic: Battle High School Spartan Alliance, supporting Athletic Programs, Clubs, Activities and Battle Student organizations
Nov 14 – Columbia Police Chief Ken Burton speaking on issues going on within the CPD.
December 19 – Christmas at the Clubhouse
December 26 – No Meeting
January 2 – No Meeting
Adjourn with the Creed: 1:00