The Weekly Bulletin
Monday, September 23, 2019
Attendee: 18 club members present
Call to order: President Dewey at 12:05 pm
Invocation: Rick Mckernan
Pledge: Ken Oster
Introduction of Guests and New and Old Members (who have been gone)
Would like to welcome back Charles Neville
Welcome any new or returning members
Carl Scott who was in the hospital last week
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Mystery Person: Mary Dewey gave the HyVee gift card to Jim Murphy.
Rick McKernan talked about his vacation in Hawaii for the last 3 and half weeks. He was there dog sitting his son’s dog while he was out of town for his job. He did lot of exercise visiting the wonderful Natural site of Hawaii. He visited the Veteran United in Hawaii where he saw the sea turtles and Pearl Harbor Museum.
Sign In or Pay the Pig: Carl Scott paid $.25 for his name bandage and $.25 for being alive. Charles Neville paid a $1.00 his name bandage.
- Board Meeting this Thursday, September 19: We funded the
Boys and Girls Club: $2000
MO Symphony i.e. Young People Concert: $500
- The 1st Quarter Conference will take in Arnold, Missouri from Friday, October 25 4:30 to 10:00 pm and Saturday, October 26 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. From 4:30 to 7:00 pm on Friday we will be having a Trunk or Treat benefiting CCC/OIF in the parking behind the hotel. Please let me know if anyone wants to go so we can get you registered
- Food Bank: Jim Murphy, Carl Scott, and Larry Fick: They worked on Buddy Packs
- Koeze/ Restaurant Certificates- Steve Winter said “The first order will be due on Monday, October 28 and Chris D’s will not be on the Restaurant this year. We only have Murry’s, D’Rows, Sophia/Addison and Shakespeare Pizza.” We want everyone to go 1 % high that last year’s orders this year. Koeze nuts prices have gone up a little this year. First order will be due on Monday, October 28th.
- Club Social – Steve Winters: Tuesday, November 5 for the Shrimp Dinner at 6:00 pm at the Clubhouse. Cost is $10.00 for adults and kids eat free. Larry will start taking money Monday, September 16, 2019, We have 40 lbs of easy to peel jumbo shrimp
- Christmas Trees: O Scheffer: 1 or 2 trucks will be in on Saturday, November 16, 2019. Mizzou Baseball team will be helping unloading and drilling that day. All the Frasers will be in one truck load. Still need to order the Christmas tags for the trees.
Announcements from the Floor:
The 10th Annual Harvest Hootenanny for the Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture will take place on Saturday, October 5th from 3:00 to 8:00 pm at the Urban Farm (1209 Smith Street)
Today’s Speaker: We don’t have speaker today
- 9/30/19 Wendy Crane from Rainbow House
- 10/07/19 Glenn Cobbins and Judy Hubbard from “Be the Charge you wish to see the World”
- 10/14/19 Mike Reynolds from Adult High School at the Columbia Tribune
- 10/21/19 Trent Rush from Missouri Symphony
- 10/28/19 Valorie Livingston, Executive Director of the Boys and Girls Clubs
- 11/4/19 No Meeting at Noon
- 11/5/19 Shrimp Dinner with Speaker Carrie Gartner from The Loop(Talking about the Improved of the Loop)
- 11/11/19 Cheryl Howard from Nora Stewart Early Learning Center
- 11/25/19 Ashlee Smith with a tour of Ronald McDonald House and fixing a meal for the families that night
Adjourn with the Creed: We finished with the Creed at p.m.
Mary Dewey, President
East Missouri District 2018-2019 “IT’S FOR THE KIDS”