The Weekly Bulletin
Monday, September 10, 2019
Call to order: President Dewey at 12:05 pm
Invocation: Mary Dewey
Pledge: Steve Winter
Attendance: 9 members
Introduction of Guests and New and Old Members (who have been gone)
Welcome any new or returning members
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Charlie Langreder 80th birthday is today and He was not there to celebrate his birthday with us.
Mystery Person Larry Fick gave the $10.00 gift card to HyVee to Jake Jolley for all his hard work on give the all the for volunteer for the Show Me State Games.
Sign In or Pay the Pig Carl Scott gave 2 quarters: 1 for his missing name bandage, and 2 one was for Chuck Boot for all his cooking at the 1st Responders BBQ. Jerry Sullivan paid a quarter for his grandson who is 4 years old winning the Boonville Tractor pull this past weekend. He won the 40 lb and over divison. Larry Fick paid a $1.00 for all of us who works at the 1st Responders BBQ.
- Let them know that I will be 2019-2020 President of the club and Dues are due by October 1. Please let me know if you have any ideas for upcoming speakers.
- The 1st Quarter Conference will take in Arnold, Missouri from Friday, October 25 4:30 to 10:00 pm and Saturday, October 26 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. From 4:30 to 7:00 pm on Friday we will be having a Trunk or Treat benefiting CCC/OIF in the parking behind the hotel. Please let me know if anyone want to go so we can get you registrated.
- Food Bank: Jim Murphy, Carl Scott, and Larry Fick They haven’t been there for two weeks
- Koeze- Steve Winter: The plan is to have the 1st order in by Monday, October 28th to Ed Harre. Prices have gone up some please look at the catalog he hands out with everyone last year’s orders.
- Restaurant Certificates – Jake Jolley say we have all the same but, we are waiting on Chris D’s
- Club Social – Steve Winters: Tuesday, November 5 for the Shrimp Dinner at 6:00 pm at the Clubhouse. Cost is $10.00 for adults and kids eat free. Larry will start taking money Monday, September 16.
- Respect the Law BBQ: I would like to Thanks everyone who came out and supported the 1st Responders BBQ that took place on Saturday, August 31. We didn’t have too many 1st Responders who came out that day. We did serve 25 fire fighters who came out with their fire trucks. After the BBQ we took the left over hamburgers, hot dogs and side dishes to St. Francie House. I took uncooked hamburgers and Hot dogs with some homemade cobbler to 3 stations for the fire fighter who didn’t make it over to the BBQ.
Announcements from the Floor:
I passed around and talked about City of Columbia Operation Clean Neighborhoods that will take place on Friday, September 20 from 8:30 to 12:30 pm at Downtown Optimist Park. Forcing on the streets in the Ridgeway Neighborhood including Austin, Providence, Sexton and Garth. Lunch will served after clean up.
The 10th Annual Harvest Hootenanny for the Columbia Center fro Urban Agriculture will take place on Saturday, October 5th from 3:00 to 8:00 pm at the Urban Farm (1209 Smith Street)
Today’s Speaker Did not show up.
- 9/16/19 Jessica Bernhart from Camp Hickory Hill Diabetes Camp
- 9/30/19 Wendy Crane from Rainbow House
- 10/07/19 Glenn Cobbins and Judy Hubbard from “Be the Charge you wish to see the World”
- 11/17/19 Cheryl Howard from Nora Stewart Early Learning Center
- 11/25/19 Ashlee Smith with a tour of Ronald McDonald House and fixing a meal for the families that night
Adjourn with the Creed: We finished with the Creed at 12:35 p.m.
Mary Dewey, President
East Missouri District 2018-2019 “IT’S FOR THE KIDS”