The Weekly Bulletin
June 25, 2018
Call to order: Ed Musterman, president
Invocation: Red Leighton
Pledge: Becca Winters
Introduction of Guests
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Mystery Person –
Becca Winters talked briefly about her 1st place win in the Super Stock division of the Soap Box Derby. She brought the trophy with her so we could all admire it.
- Sign In or Pay the Pig; Carl Scott fed the Pig 50 cents due to Michael Porter, Jr being drafted in the NBA.
- Food Bank – Jim Murphy/Larry Fick – On Monday Jim and Larry packaged frozen chicken and Larry and Sue Musterman answered an urgent call on Thursday to package “perishables” which turned out to be hot dogs.
- Evening meeting June 27th. Convene 6:00 at the Food Bank on Vandiver Dr. Greetings & Introductions followed by a presentation from Food Bank with a DO Club volunteer activity immediately to follow.
- Jake Jolley – Show Me Games. Co-Chair needed.
- Garden Party -Steve Winters annual party June 28. Steve says this is the 8th annual event and the Mizzou Steel Band will be performing.
- Bonnie Langreder is on the road to good health after some serious health issues.
- John Sapp isn’t doing well and has started his cancer treatment. Carl Scott brought a get well card to the meeting and all were glad to sign.
- Board meeting: Funding approved: Sophia’s – $500, Jump Start- $500, Fun City- $2,500. Funding denied: Columbia College/STEAM
Remaining funding available: $6,500 to $7,000. Pretty well committed and will take us to $38,500.
- Announcements from the floor.
Club open discussion. Topics included:
- Tree sales
Ordering – C.O. is working hard to find a new vendor for the 675 Frazier Firs that the club needs to order. Our prior vendor is no longer in business and there is a shortage of available trees.
Handling of the trees – Steve Winters says it looks like we can get plenty of volunteer help from the Mizzou athletes for unloading and some drilling.
Scott and Steve said that they’ll repair or replace the tables that are used for handling the trees.
- Evening or meetings/events not held at Monday lunch – Attract and engage members.
July 2 – Justin Anthony, Community Policing Unit
July 9 – Columbia Water and Light – Prop 1, August 7th ballot
Adjourn with the Creed: 1:00